Friday, March 11, 2011

Final Design and Implementation



After two years and countless revisions, I think we're finally ready to break ground.
I found a way to marry the two designs from a few days ago. It's a combination of:
"The Ultimate Garden Designer" by Tim Newbury
"Gaia's Garden - a home scale guide to permaculture" by Toby Hemenway
and my local friend Shawna Coronado's design. I'm glad she's a local gardener that I can bounce ideas off of... :)
Each ray of the sun will remain grass for the first year, but the in between will be filled with new soil and vegetables. The border will be lavenders and edible flowers... and Blueberry Bushes (that are only 8" tall right now, but I'm allotting each of them a 3' circumference).

So today I'm going to start with stakes and strings... and informing my labor team that we're starting soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment