Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December broccoli? That's ridic!

I walked outside to check on the side garden, aka the barren wasteland, and I saw the Atlantis Hybrid Broccoli that was still in the ground.  I had neglected to pull them out, because I knew they could handle cold weather.

However, nothing could have prepared me for...



BROCCOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LIVES?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!!


That's just crazy! December 23rd, in Zone 5a!
Anyway, I just had to share that madness... they were just sitting there chillin' (literally) but not frozen.



Still picked some of the small flowers, and sauteed them with oil and garlic.  They were sweeter because of the cold.   This made me contemplate a whole arsenal of cold weather possibilities for next year. Maybe kale, spinach, and more broccoli or brussel sprouts. However, I'm not sure I want so many brassicas. It'd be a caterpillar paradise in the summer.  



No comments:

Post a Comment